- This event has passed.
The Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City July Webinar: Workforce Development
July 21, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Agriculture in Kansas City is vital to the local economy, with a $24.445 billion impact on the region and supporting 98,655 jobs. The proximity producers have to further processors and transportation hubs within a bi-state region adds immense value to the region’s important agricultural commodities. However, the entire value chain – from farm to fork – is experiencing one of the most significant talent shortages in recent history. With Kansas City consistently at 3.7% unemployment and only 50% of skilled needs being met, the skilled and baccalaureate level employment gaps could soon create significant economic pressures on being able to produce, process and ship the world’s food. This is a vital and ongoing conversation that leaders in the agricultural industry need to start having now.
Join the Kansas City Agribusiness Council virtually on July 21 for a panel discussion exploring the many different aspects of workforce development. Participants will include:
- Shonda Atwater, Kansas Department of Commerce – panel moderator
- Chris Kuehl, Director, Armada Corporate Intelligence
- Dr. Shawn Strong, President, State Technical College of Missouri
- Nancy Barcus, COO, Agriculture Future of America
- Matt Wolters, CEO, SureFire Ag Systems
- Leigh Anne Taylor Knight, Executive Director & COO, DeBruce Foundation
Click here to register.